RETURN POLICY & INSTRUCTIONS
Flexible 14-Day Return Policy
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to Madison Area Drone Service within 14 days of the receive date, subject to the conditions and exclusions below. For backorder items, special order, in-store purchases or commercial orders, the return window starts from the point of receiving the product and extends 14-days from the receive date.
You may initiate a return or exchange online (by contact form) or by phone.
Contact form method:
The quickest way to initiate a return is to start one by using the online contact form.
To find the form, click on the link here.
Please fill out the necessary information boxes. In the “Questions or Comments” section, please reference the order number and the reason for the return. One of our associates will confirm the contact within 48 hours to begin the return process.
Contact by phone:
To start a return over the phone, please call: (608) 640-4006.
Once the call has been answered, please state that you wish to start a return. We will ask you for additional details such as your name and order number, so please have this information available before placing a call. Please note that a return over phone is only applicable during our business open hours of 9AM-6PM Monday-Friday and 10AM-3PM Saturday, Central time.
Pack Your Item Properly
Place your item back into the original manufacturer’s packaging. Then, place it and your order invoice into an outer shipping box. Be sure to pack it properly so your item won’t become damaged during transit. Damages encountered during return shipping may deduct from the return value or void eligibility for a complete refund. All items originally included in the product package must be included to be eligible for a complete refund.
Ship Your Item with Return Label. You are responsible for the return label unless the product arrived defective or wrong item, in which case we will supply you with a pre-paid return label (*DJI & Autel Robotics defective claims must be handled directly with the manufacturer). Products found not to be defective upon return are subject to a return shipping negative credit from the refund amount.
Securely affix your return label to the outside of the shipping package. We recommend you ship via insured ground service with a tracking number. We cannot be responsible for lost packages. Reference the return address below.
Attn: Return Department
Madison Area Drone Service LLC
2839 Fish Hatchery Rd. Suite 4
Fitchburg, WI 53713
Return an Item in Person
You may return an item to our Service Desk at our Fitchburg Superstore. Our Service Desk is located in the main facility right when you walk in and to the left.
Please read conditions below. If all conditions are not met, Madison Area Drone Service reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a minimum 20% restocking fee. Re-stocking fees vary by product type (please see Re-stocking fees section). All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including an intact UPC code) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, accompanying free items and accessories. The retail value of any free items you keep will be deducted from your reimbursement total. Madison Area Drone Service can only refund the original purchase price. Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
- Drones which have been activated, registered or flown, crashed or damaged, dropped, subject to heat, cold or vibration beyond manufacturer specifications or otherwise not in like-new condition as they were delivered. All drones will be inspected upon return for the above conditions, including checking for heat/humidity markers, down-loading and inspecting flight records, and undergoing a 48-point visual and mechanical inspection. Drones returned with factory shrink seal removed will be considered “open-box” and subject to “open-box” refund amounts. ** DJI & Autel Robotics requests that all warranty/defective claims be handled directly between the manufacturer and the Consumer.
- Consumer or Enterprise-level drones, or similar equipment, in excess of $2500.00 USD that have been used or activated, and/or supporting equipment purchases including but not limited to: Autel Robotics Evo II Dual Rugged Bundle, DJI Phantom 4 RTK, DJI Matrice M300, DJI GNSS Ground Station, etc.
- Batteries which have been charged, used, dropped or damaged in any way. Batteries will be inspected for charge-count upon return. Charge counts more than 1, are considered open and used, and are disqualified for a return
- Consumables, such as propellers or stickers, unless in sealed packaging
- Any drone or other product that has been customized for the customer by request
- Select special-order merchandise, or any item indicated on the website as non-returnable
- Underwater and/or “water-resistant” or “water-proof” equipment that has been submerged or in contact with fresh or saltwater, such as the Power-Vision & SwellPro marine products.
- Any single item priced above $2500 USD (excludes drones).
- Damaged items – Items returned clearly damaged beyond reasonable use will not be accepted and will be shipped back by customer expense with no refund to original purchase price
- Any manufacturer or aftermarket service plan, digital downloadable product, or similar product (DJI Care, Autel Robotics Care, Terra Pro, CP insurance plan, etc.).
- Any product, regardless of reason, beyond the 14-day return window
Note on Activated Drones
Activation of a new drone is the process of connecting the drone to the application and completing the activation step of the setup process. This step notifies the manufacturer that a drone that has been sold, has been officially started up and has begun it’s useful service life. This also starts the manufacturer warranty or service plan (if applicable). Once a drone has been “activated”, it can no longer be sold as new. As a result, any warranty, service plan coverage or similar coverage, may be voided upon return (or private sale or transfer to another private party). If a drone has been activated and is over $2500, Madison Area Drone Service will not honor the 14-day simple return policy. Drones under $2500 that have been activated are eligible for return, and are subject to a 30% restocking fee (this fee covers the loss of value due to the previous activation process). Please be certain that you are pleased with your purchase prior to activation. If you are not pleased with your purchase, or wish to return the item for a refund, then please refer to the previously mentioned return policy and ensure that your product, or products are eligible for a return and/or refund. Any product past 14-days from date of purchase is no longer eligible for a return (regardless of activation status).
Defective or Damaged Items
Defective items may be repaired, exchanged or refunded at our discretion for the same model or manufacturer’s equivalent model. **DJI and Autel Robotics products found to be defective must be handled directly with the manufacturer. Returns for defective DJI and Autel Robotics products will not be accepted directly by Madison Area Drone Service. Defective DJI and Autel Robotics products that are returned to Madison Area Drone Service will be shipped back to the customer at the customer’s expense.
Please allow 7-14 business days for mail-in exchanges to be processed.
General items below $500 in new/sealed condition: 0%
General items which have had their shrink wrap or seals broken (open-box condition): 20%
General (eligible) items which are returned in condition other than the above condition: up to 50%
Drones in new/sealed condition: 10%
Drones that have been opened, but not activated: 20%
Drones that have been opened and activated (below $2500 only) condition: 30%
High-value products other than drones over $500 in new/sealed condition: 10%
Refunds & Credits
Once we receive and inspect your item(s), we will credit your account. Please allow 7-10 days for a credit to appear on your account. In most cases, we will issue your refund in the same way you made the original purchase. If payment was made by check, the refund check will be issued no sooner than 10 business days after the date of purchase. Please note: we can only refund the original purchase price. Shipping and handling fees are nonrefundable.
“14-Day” Return Window:
The 14-day return window is defined as the time from initial order placement as the timestamp registered by the website, and 14 full days from that date. The order timestamp is recorded upon a successful checkout. Each “day” includes the standard 24 hours, business day, weekend and holidays. This amounts to 336 hours from initial order to placement, to the expiring of the open 14-day return window. The 14-day return window does not start from the time of payment and/or the time the product is received to the end customer, but rather the time of order placement. Should you wish to return an item, it must be returned within 14 days of the order completion date & time.
Madison Area Drone Service is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise. Madison Area Drone Service is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only. Also, claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within two business days of receipt of merchandise to be qualified for compensation of any kind. Madison Area Drone Service reserves the right to grant or deny ANY return beyond the 14-day window at their discretion, and apply a minimum of 50% higher than listed restocking fee for any such special exception, should an exception be executed.